Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy the visual and emotional impact of these examples of Australian art and ceramics as much as I do. Whilst many are under copyright I have attributed the source wherever possible (and I remember).

Friday, March 26, 2010

Criss Canning








I am in love with her work. I tiny little 12x22 cm one ("pansies" 1983-4- bottom pic) sold at the Menzies art brands sale 2 days ago and I did not mention it earlier in case a miracle happened and I could buy it. In the end it went for over $5000 if you add the buyers premium. Don't know if it is the jewel like colours, or the black outlining, or the arrangements that are so appealing. Lately the paintings have become flatter, less textured, showing more Japanese laquerware and other reflective surfaces with abstract patterned backgrounds.
"Anemones" (centre pic) was for sale at Metro art gallery for $40,000 last time I looked..
Criss and her husband run Lambley nursery (pic at top) which explains where she gets some of her inspiration..

No comments:

Post a Comment