Welcome to my blog

I hope you enjoy the visual and emotional impact of these examples of Australian art and ceramics as much as I do. Whilst many are under copyright I have attributed the source wherever possible (and I remember).

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Angkaliya Curtis



Heres another of my favorites from Tjungu Palya; Angkaliya Curtis, born in 1928, which makes her umm.. 82 years old.

These pictures are from the websites of Outstation gallery, Marshall Arts and this last one "Cave Hill" from the Telstra award was acquired by the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory.


If i had a spare $9000 this is where it would go!

Most of my preferences in Aboriginal art have been for the more breathtaking abstract works, but there is just something terribly endearing about these aerial views of camels and witchetty grubs and other creatures clustering around waterholes. I hope I am this creative and productive at 82...

1 comment:

  1. Hello,

    I am sharing your pointof view even if I did not succumb to purchase one.

    Best regards,
    Bertrand
    http://collection-ben.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete